- Descended from the Gaelic family of O'Mulconry of county Roscommon, this branch of the Conroy family became Protestant early in the 18th century. John Conry lived at Bettyfield. His grandson John Conroy, a military commander, was created a baronet in 1837. In the same year Sir John's son Edward Conroy eloped with Lady Alicia Parsons of Rosse Castle, Birr, county Offaly. By the 19th century the Conroys appear to have been absentee landlords, pursuing military careers outside Ireland. By the late 19th century they were resident in North Wales. Griffith's Valuation records land belonging to the Conroys in the parishes of Kiltrustan and Shankill, barony of Roscommon. Sir John Conroy 3rd and last baronet, son of Sir Edward and Lady Alicia Conroy, with an address at Arborfield Grange, Reading, Berkshire, owned 453 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.
- Cloonahee, barony of Roscommon, was part of the ancient territory of the O Maolchonaires or Conrys, whose lands were confiscated in the 17th century. Gilbert Conry advertised the sale of Cloonglasny More, parish of Clooncraff, barony and county of Roscommon in January 1851. Cloongasny was part of the lands purchased by Bartholomew Mahon from the trustees for the sale of forfeited estates in 1703. These lands were held by John Kelly in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Two years later in February 1853 an estate of 1,630 acres in the parishes of Clooncraff and Kiltrustan, barony of Roscommon, belonging to Gilbert Conry formerly of Cloonahee was advertised for sale. A note on the sale rental states that Clonahee House was accidently burnt and that "now a good farm house and offices" are occupied by the tenant. In 1836 Cloonahee was leased to John Haigue by Gilbert Conry. A Thomas Conry was agent to the Mahons of Strokestown and to the McCausland estate in county Roscommon in the 1830s. Lands owned by Thomas Lea and Gilbert Conry were sold in the Landed Estates Court in March 1861 to Mr. Trench.