- Thomas Russell, of Slane or Nobber, county Meath, is recorded as owning almost 700 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. In 1906 Samuel Mortimer Russell held untenanted land at Tobernavean, parish of Athenry, barony of Clare, county Galway. Earlier, the Ordnance Survey Name Books had recorded Lady Russell as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Athenry in the 1830s. Samuel Russell also held untenanted land in the county Roscommon parishes of Lissonuffy, barony of Roscommon and Kilmore, barony of Ballintober North. On 22 Feb 1911, 1,429 untenanted acres belonging to Dorothy Russell in county Roscommon were vested in the Congested Districts' Board. [It is not clear if all the above persons were related].
Dillon (Mount Dillon)
- John Dillon was transplanted from county Westmeath to county Roscommon in the 17th century. His descendants built Mount Dillon sometime early in the 18th century. John and Teresa Dillon were living at Mount Dillon at the time of the Elphin Census in 1748. Theobald Dillon of Mount Dillon was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon in 1828. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Dillon estate was in the parish of Lissonuffy, barony and county of Roscommon. It amounted to over 4,000 acres in the parish when it was advertised for sale in June 1865. Marcella Dillon was a proprietor in the parish of Killukin, barony of Roscommon in the mid 1850s. Marcella, only child of Sir Thomas Barnewall, 6th baronet, married as her second husband Theobald Dillon of Mount Dillon. John Theobald Dillon was advertising the sale of the fee farm rent of the lands of Ballagh, parish of Kilgefin, barony of Ballintober South, in November 1863. In the 1870s John Theobald Dillon of Killeshandra, county Cavan and Mount Dillon owned an estate of 5,588 acres in county Roscommon. He advertised other property for sale in the Land Judges' court in December 1888.
- According to "Our Correspondent" writing in the ''Tuam Herald'' of 1 Dec 1928, Ballagh was the property of the O'Hanly family until the beginning of the 18th century when it passed by marriage to Denis O'Connor, born 1690. A descendant was Charles M. O'Connor, King's Counsel and Master of the Rolls. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Denis O'Conor held the townland of Ballagh, parish of Kilgefin, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon, from Theobald Dillon. In 1916 negotiations were progressing for the purchase by the Congested Districts' Board of an estate of over 600 acres belonging to Charles M. O'Conor.