- In 1677 Peter Pilley was granted over 800 acres in county Galway (baronies of Longford and Clonmacnowen), 978 acres in county Roscommon (baronies of Ballintober, Roscommon and Athlone) and 649 acres in county Clare. At the time of Grifftith's Valuation Mrs Pelly and Louisa and Alicia Pelly held land in the parishes of Fuerty, Killinvoy and St Johns, barony of Athlone and in the parish of Roscommon, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon. In the 1870s Mrs Louisa Pelly of 5 Charlemont Terrace, Kingstown, county Dublin, owned over 1,500 acres in county Roscommon. In 1828, Lieutenant Colonel Raymond Pelly, of Ballybride, was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. On 25 October 1864 the lands of Ardkell, parish of Roscommon, were leased by Arthur Raymond Pelly to members of the Mennons family. Cornelius Pelly of Kill, county Galway married Mary daughter of Michael Kelly of Kelly's Grove. Their son Michael Pelly of Heronsbrook [Hearnesbrook], Killimer married Honoria Guinan and one of their sons Hyacinth Albert Pelly and his wife Charity Maria O'Ferral Matthews were the parents of Cornelius James Pelly (1908 –1985), an Irish diplomat.
Michael's brother Cornelius Pelly was a landowner in county Cork and Auditor of the Local Government Board. In the 1870s his addresses were Rathduane, county Cork and Dublin and he owned 1,393 acres in county Cork at this time.
- The Neligans held the 664 acres of the townland of Emlaghmore, parish of Oran, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon, by a fee farm grant from the Earl of Essex to William Neligan, dated 27 Oct 1852. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the townland was in the possession of Dr William H. Nelligan and Catherine A. Mennons. Emlaghmore was advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in July 1861 and February 1862 by members of the Clery [Cork city] and Neligan families. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey in the 1830s there were 2 houses Temp House and Church House in the townland of Emlaghmore. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward Mills Hodson held a house in Emlaghmore from Dr William Neligan valued at £11 and Tobias Kelly held a house in the same townland from Catherine Mennons valued at £13. The Hudsons advertised for sale the rental of one third of the lands of Emlaghmore in May 1875.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Catherine Anna Mennons held a small townland of 29 acres of land in the parish of Kilgefin, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon, advertised for sale in June 1858. She also had an interest in the Neligan estate in the parish of Oran, barony of Ballymoe, county Roscommon. In May 1865 members of the Mennons family and of the Gray, Main, Wunsch and Brownhill families advertised for sale the rental of the lands of Ardkell, parish of Roscommon, barony of Ballintober South, which they held from the Pellys. In the 1870s a Mrs Daly with an address care of Mme Mennon, Villa Roseau, a Sevres, France, owned 602 acres in county Roscommon.