- In the mid 1850s John McCreery held church lands at Killinvoy in the parish of Killinvoy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In 1856, McDermott/Jephson estate lands for sale in the barony of Castlereagh included property owned by John McCreery. In the 1870s John McCreery of 16 Ranelagh Road, Dublin, owned 503 acres in county Roscommon. In June 1878 the estate of John McCreery in the baronies of Athlone and Castlerea, county Roscommon and in county Dublin were advertised for sale.
- A branch of the Kelly family was resident at Churchboro on the church lands of Killinvoy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, from at least the mid 18th century. Vera Hughes writes that Edmund Crofton Howe Kelly of Churchboro and by 1846 of Hollymount, county Roscommon, was one of the claimants to the estate of Edmund Kelly of Rookwood in the mid 1840s. In August 1852 Christopher Hume Lawder assignee of Edmund Crofton Kelly, an insolvent of Churchboro, was advertising the sale of 150 acres.