- At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Longfield's estate was in the parishes of Athleague and Fuerty, barony of Athlone, the parish of Kilnamanagh, barony of Frenchpark and the parish of Kiltullagh, barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon. Rocksavage was owned by the Lysters and held by William Longfield under a fee farm grant dated 30 Jan 1851. Rocksavage was part of the Lyster estate offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1855. By the 1870s various members of the Longfield family, mostly with addresses in Dublin, held almost 4000 acres in county Roscommon, including Robert Longfield of Dublin who owned 2,448 acres. The estate of W. D. Longfield and others amounting to 3,728 acres was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 15 June 1907.