- The Honourable and Reverend Henry Pakenham was the fifth son of Edward Michael Pakenham, 2nd Baron Longford. In 1822 he married Eliza Catherine Sandford, sister and co heiress of Henry Sandford, 2nd Lord Mountsandford. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Pakenham estate in county Roscommon was in the parishes of Dysart and Fuerty, barony of Athlone, Kilbride and Roscommon, barony of Ballintober South and Ballintober, Baslick and Kilcorkey, barony of Castlereagh. It amounted to over 3,000 acres.
- The descendants of Captain Theophilus Sandford of Moyglare, county Meath, settled at Castlerea, county Roscommon, in the late 17th century and represented the county in Parliament. Henry Moore Sandford (1751-1814) was created Baron Mount Sandford of Castlerea in July 1800. The title became extinct in 1846 following the death of George Sandford, 3rd Baron and the Sandford estates which were in the parishes of Dysart, barony of Athlone, Drumatemple, barony of Ballymoe and Ballintober, Kilkeevin and Kiltullagh, barony of Castlereagh, passed to the families of his sisters Wills of Willsgrove, Pakenham and Newenham. In the 1870s Thomas G. Wills Sandford owned 24,410 acres in county Roscommon and 949 acres in county Dublin. Over 1,200 acres of the Wills Sandford estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 5 Nov 1911.
- In 1703 two brothers, Caspar and James Wills, purchased part of the forfeited estate of King James II in the baronies of Ballintober, Roscommon and Boyle, county Roscommon. The Wills family settled at Willsgrove, barony of Castlereagh, in the early eighteenth century. Through intermarriage and inheritance they acquired the Sandford estate in the later nineteenth century. William Robert Wills of Willsgrove was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon in 1828. Over 6,000 acres if the Wills estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 31 Mar 1913.