- Anne Neville is recorded as one of the principal lessors of property in the parish of Ardcarn, barony of Boyle, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. A Mrs. Neville, with an address at Stradbally, county Laois (Queen's county) is listed by Hussey de Burgh as the owner of over 300 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s. The Landowners Survey published in 1876 records her as the owner of over 700 acres. There is also some evidence that a Rev. Brent Neville served as a clergyman in Roscommon in the 1850s. H. Neville of Cork was the holder of several townlands in the parish of Ardcarn, barony of Boyle at the time of the first Ordnance Survey in the 1830s. The Peyton family of Knockdrehid acted as agents.
- The representatives of Charles Peyton are recorded as the owners of over 600 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s. Over 150 acres in the barony of Boyle, part of the estate of the late Alicia Peyton, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in July 1877. Earlier, in 1851, over 1000 acres of the estate of Wynne Peyton, close to Carrick-on-Shannon but located in the barony of Boyle, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the Peyton family were agents for the Barton and Neville estates. The family had been resident in the area since at least the eighteenth century as James Peyton, farmer and John Peyton, gentleman, are recorded in the Census of 1749.