- In the 18th century the O'Flahertys held lands, that had previously belonged to them, from the Blakes of Renvyle in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway. However Henry Blake did not renew their lease in the second decade of the 19th century as he wished to live there himself. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edmund O'Flaherty owned 2 townlands in the parish of Ballynakill and one townland in the parish of Omey. These townlands were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in 1862 and a note on the sale rental states that the lands in the parish of Ballynakill were purchased by Edward Browne of Rosleague.
- A John Shea was granted lands in a number of county Galway baronies in March 1678/9. Gartside Shea of Shinnanagh, parish of Omey, barony of Ballynahinch, was active in seeking relief for those suffering from the effects of famine in the Ballinakill district in the 1840s. The immediate lessor of Shinnanagh at the time of Griffith's Valuation was Edmund O'Flaherty and G. Shea may have purchased the townland, which he already held on lease, from the sale of the O'Flaherty estate in 1862. Shinnanagh is a townland of 639 acres and one source records Gartside Shea as proprietor of that amount of acres. Maria Shea of Ballinasloe is recorded as the owner of over 639 acres in county Galway in the 1870s.