- Clifford Trotter acquired parts of the Quansbury and Bermingham estate by his marriage to Mary, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary. The latter was a daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth, and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. An estate of over 700 acres, owned by Clifford Trotter, known as Quansbury, in the barony of Longford, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in March 1851. Birmingham Demesne, barony of Dunmore, county Galway and lands in the barony of Garrycastle in King's County were also included in the sale. Birmingham Demesne was bought by John Irwin Dennis, who had been leasing it from Charles Trotter since 1838. Clifford Trotter is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilquain, barony of Longford, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, 1856. In the 1870s William C. Bermingham Ruthven, grandson of Clifford Trotter, owned 939 acres in county Galway. He offered some of this property for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1889. However, the Irish Times reported in November 1890 that the sale was adjourned due to absence of bidding.