Clarke (Graig Abbey)
- The Clarke family were leasing the Graig Abbey property from the Warburton estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Graig estate and lands in the barony of Kilconnell had been granted to Arthur Annesley, 1st Earl of Anglesey under the Acts of Settlement. Anthony Clarke, a Dublin attorney, was a brother in law of Dominick and John Bodkin of Kilcloony. Dominick Bodkin sold the Graig estate to Clarke for £5,000 in 1820 to settle a debt. The Clarkes of Graig Abbey, Athenry, held the former Bodkin lands in the parishes of Belclare and Killower, barony of Clare, county Galway and Charles Cromie of Annefield, parish of Kilcommen, county Mayo was their agent. Their estate in county Galway amounted to 1,870 acres in the 1870s.
- Over 6000 acres of the Warburton estate in the barony of Kilconnell, county Galway was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in November, 1855. Much of this land was leased to the Handy family and also formed parts of the Knott and Ireland estates near Aughrim. The original lease, between the Earl of Arran and Richard Warburton, was dated August 1718. Townlands in the parish of Aughrim are recorded as the property of Major Warburton at the time of the 1st Ordnance Survey in the 1830s. The Warburton family's main residence was at Garryhinch in county Offaly, but close to the town of Portarlington, County Laois.