- An estate at Roo, in the barony of Kiltartan, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in April 1873. At that time it was the property of Isaac Daly and his wife Henrietta and John Ireland and his wife Henrietta. In the 1870s Henrietta Daly is recorded as owning 88 acres in county Galway. The ''Return of Proprietors'' in 1876 lists Isaac Daly as the holder of over 4500 acres in county Galway.
Ireland (Galway & Kiltartan)
- The Ireland family settled in the midlands in the 17th century. Through marriage with the Lynch family of Lydican, county Galway and the Stanley family of county Westmeath they came to acquire land in counties Galway, Roscommon and Westmeath in the 18th and 19th centuries. The Irelands were an influential family involved in the administrative and business life of Galway city in the mid-19th century. John Ireland of Eyre Square, Galway, married Eliza Josephina McDonnell in July 1836 and he is buried in the grounds of St. James' Church, Bushy Park. John Ireland's brother Arthur was the first Bursar of Queen's College, Galway. Property at Eyre Square, Galway, owned by Edward Ireland, was sold in the Landed Estates Court in November 1866. The purchaser was Captain Forster. The estate at Roo, in the barony of Kiltartan, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in April 1873. At that time it was the property of Isaac Daly and his wife Henrietta and John Ireland and his wife Henrietta.
The estate, amounting to over 600 acres, of Sophia Mary Ireland in the barony of Kilconnell were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in March 1851 and 1852. The sale also included lands in the barony of Kilkenny West, county Westmeath. In March 1851, he Freeman's Journal reported that the Galway lands were purchased by William Fry but the sale of the some of the Westmeath lands were adjourned due to insufficient bidding. A Mrs. Ireland, address at Woodlawn, is recorded as the owner of over 1200 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. At the same time Samuel Gardiner Ireland of Roberstown, Naas, county Kildare, a nephew of John and Arthur Ireland of Galway, owned 121 acres in county Roscommon, 314 acres in county Westmeath and 242 acres in county Kildare.