- The Gerrard family were resident at Gibbstown, near Navan, county Meath, from the late 17th century. In 1822 John Gerrard of Gibbstown married Marcella Netterville. The process whereby Marcella Gerrard eventually came to inherit a large estate in county Galway is well recorded by Charles Synnott. As Marcella Gerrard appears to have died intestate in 1865 there were many claimants to her large real and personal estate, including members of the Davies, Netterville, Lawrence and Fallon families who were all related. The courts eventually decided to divide her county Galway estate into three portions which passed to Arthur James Netterville (8th Viscount), John Fallon and Sir Samuel Bradstreet, descendants of the three sisters of Edmond Netterville. In the 1870s they are recorded as owning 1,713, 2,594 and 2,496 acres respectively in county Galway.
- The descendants of a younger son of the 1st Viscount Netterville established an estate at Lecarrow, parish of Killosolan, near Mountbellew, county Galway, in the early 18th century. Nicholas Netterville of Lecarrow was married twice. Marcella Gerrard was descended from his first marriage to Mary Burke of Glinsk and James Netterville 7th Viscount of Coarsefield from his second marriage to Mary Beytagh. The process whereby Marcella Gerrard eventually came to inherit the Netterville estate in county Galway is well recorded by Charles Synnott. As Marcella Gerrard appears to have died intestate there were many claimants to her large real and personal estate following her death in 1865, including members of the Davies, Netterville, Lawrence and Fallon families who were all related to her. The estate was eventually divided into three parts which were given to Arthur James Netterville, 8th Viscount, John Fallon and Sir Samuel Bradstreet. The county Tipperary estate of the the Viscount Netterville was located in the parish of Baptistgrange, barony of Middlethird. In the 1870s the 8th Viscount Netterville owned 1,713 acres in county Galway, 72 acres in county Mayo, 1,202 acres in county Tipperary and 417 acres in county Meath. A book by John J. Fallon entitled ''A Better Deed'', is a fictional history of this estate.
Ellen Mary Netterville offered for sale 180 acres of her estate in the barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon, in the Landed Estates' Court in 1860.
- A branch of the Bourkes of Moneycrower or Bunacrower, later Earls of Mayo, settled at Oory [also spelt Urey/Urrey], parish of Tagheen, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo in the 17th century. They intermarried with other Bourke families and with the Fitzgeralds of Turlough, Kellys of Kelly's Grove and Fiddane and with the Shees of Castlebar. Burke's ''Landed Gentry'' records four generations of Bourkes residing at Oory until the estate was sold in the mid 18th century. Later generations of the family settled in Jamaica and England. One descendant, Eliza Jane Dennis of Jamaica, married James Hewitt Massy Dawson in 1800. By the time of the first Ordnance Survey the Brownes of Brownhall were in possession of Oory and the Nettervilles held Coarsefield, which was probably part of Oory under the Bourkes. One branch of the family lived at Curry in the parish of Mayo in the late 18th century and intermarried with the Brownes of the Neale. Two daughters and co-heiresses married Patrick Kirwan of Claremount and Charles McManus of Barley Hill and appear to have shared the townland of Curry - Curry (McManus) and Curry (Kirwan).