- John Longworth was the owner of property in the parish of Aughrim at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He was also leasing land from the Reverend John Hunt in the parishes of Dysart and Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon and held land in the parish of St Peters, Athlone. The Longworth estate amounted to over 3000 acres in county Galway as well as lands in King's county, Roscommon and Westmeath. In the 1870s John Longworth of Glynwood owned 3,271 acres in county Galway and 1,192 acres in county Roscommon. The family had originated with Francis Longworth of Creggan Castle and the main family seat was at Glynwood, Athlone, county Westmeath.
Francis Longworth, father of John, was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Killallaghtan, barony of Kilconnell. He died in 1856. Over 1300 acres of the Longworth estate was vested in the Congested Districts Board in April 1905. Edward Longworth was in possession of over 800 acres of untenanted demesne land in county Galway in 1906.
Hunt (Co Roscommon)
- According to Burke's ''Landed Gentry'' (1904), John Hunt owned extensive estates in county Roscommon in the mid 18th century. He was a descendant of Thomas Hunt a captain in Colonel Chidley Coote's regiment of Horse. The Reverend John Hunt, grandson of John Hunt, owned an estate in the parishes of Athleague, Rahara, Dysart and Taghboy, barony of Athlone and Cloonfinlough, barony and county of Roscommon, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. His younger brother Edmund Lombard Hunt held property near Gort and Headford, county Galway. In the 1870s the Reverend John Hunt of Clonee, county Meath, owned 977 acres in county Roscommon.