- Clifford Trotter acquired parts of the Quansbury and Bermingham estate by his marriage to Mary, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary. The latter was a daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth, and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. An estate of over 700 acres, owned by Clifford Trotter, known as Quansbury, in the barony of Longford, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in March 1851. Birmingham Demesne, barony of Dunmore, county Galway and lands in the barony of Garrycastle in King's County were also included in the sale. Birmingham Demesne was bought by John Irwin Dennis, who had been leasing it from Charles Trotter since 1838. Clifford Trotter is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilquain, barony of Longford, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, 1856. In the 1870s William C. Bermingham Ruthven, grandson of Clifford Trotter, owned 939 acres in county Galway. He offered some of this property for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1889. However, the Irish Times reported in November 1890 that the sale was adjourned due to absence of bidding.
- The Burkes of Keeloges were a junior branch of the Burkes of Glinsk, county Galway. William Burke of Keeloges married Margaret Coleman and had two sons. Their eldest son Richard of Keeloges had a son, William Burke of Knocknagur, part of Kilcreevanty, parish of Kilbennan, who held land in the parish of Claregalway, barony of Clare, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Thomas H. Burke, Under-secretary of State, murdered in the Phoenix Park in 1882, was a member of this family. Major William Burke, the second son of William and Margaret Burke, acquired part of the Bermingham and Quansbury estates by his marriage to Matilda, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary, daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. The Quansbury and Bermingham estates of William Burke, in the baronies of Longford and Dunmore, county Galway, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in November 1850. This property included Quansbury Lodge, in the townland of Stowlin, barony of Longford. The Bermingham estate of William Burke was in the possession of Edward Blake, Matthew Carney and Patrick McCormack at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Kirwans of Tuam were land agents for Sir Thomas Burke's estate at Kilcreevanty, Knocknagur, Knockdoe and Lehid in the first decade of the 20th century.
- Ulick Burke of Glinsk, parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, was created a baronet on 2 Aug 1628. Following the death of the 12th baronet in 1884 the title reverted to a descendant of the 4th baronet, namely Theobald Hubert Burke, fourth son of William Burke of Knocknagur. Sir Ulick Burke was granted 4,222 acres in the barony of Ballymoe, by patent dated 23 Feb 1678. The Burke estates at Glinsk and Creggs were advertised for sale in 1853 and both were bought by Allan Pollok. The Glinsk estate was comprised of 3,361 acres in the parish of Ballynakill and the Creggs estate amounted to 4,052 acres in the parish of Kilbegnet, barony of Ballymoe.
- Edward Bermingham, Lord Athenry, was granted over 5,000 acres, mainly in the barony of Dunmore, county Galway, by patent dated 16 Sept 1680 while Remigius Bermingham was granted overe 5,200 acres in county Mayo in 1681. There are records relating to the Bermingham family in the late 17th and early 18th century in the Westport Estate Papers. The descendants of Lord Athenry sold the Kilcloony estate to the Bodkins in 1759 and the Barbersfort estate to the Ruttledges in 1816. Thomas Bermingham, 22nd Lord Athenry and a Member of Parliament for county Galway, was created earl of Louth in April 1759. By his second marriage to Margaret Daly of Quansbury he left as his co heiresses three daughters, who married Thomas B.H. Sewell, William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and Joseph Henry Blake of Ardfry. By the 1880s the family's main estates were in county Louth where they owned over 3,500 acres.
- Peter Daly of Quansbury was the fourth son of Denis Daly of Carrownakelly, county Galway, a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas at the end of the 17th century. He purchased the Quansbury estate in 1722 from the Earl of Clanricarde. He extended his estate a few years later when he bought some of the estate of the Burkes of Glinsk in north county Galway. Peter Daly married Elizabeth Blake of Ardfry and they had 3 daughters. Margaret, the youngest, married as his second wife Thomas Bermingham 1st Earl of Louth. By this marriage Quansbury Lodge and much of the Quansbury estate passed into the possession of the descendants of the Earl of Louth's daughters.
- Patrick McCormick bought the townland of Cartronroe, parish of Tuam, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, from the sale of William Burke's Bermingham estate in 1850. In August 1856 he bought the nearby townland of Monacow in the same parish from William R.B. McGuire. Monacow was advertised for sale in February 1865. It was sold to Nicholas Browne of Tuam for over £1500. In the 1870s Patrick McCormack of Ardkill, Hollymount, county Mayo, owned 800 acres in county Galway and 431 acres in county Mayo.