- At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Cunningham was leasing a property in the townland of Gowil, parish of Lickmolassy, barony of Longford, to Anne Shewbridge. The representatives of John F. Cunningham owned 120 acres in county Galway in 1876. In June 1886 the Irish Times reported on the sale, in the Land Judges' Court, of property owned by J.P. Cunningham, a minor. The property included "the house, offices and demesne of Pokoroko or Clarary" as well as other land. The purchaser was the petitioner, Joseph Cunningham.