O'Kelly (Gallagh & Ticooly)
- The O'Kellys of Ticooly in the parish of Killosolan, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, and later of Gallagh, parish and barony of Dunmore, Counts of the Holy Roman Empire, formerly Chiefs of Hy-Many, settled at Ticooly following the Jacobite War in the late 1680s when they lost Gallagh Castle. They leased the Ticooly estate from the Dillons of Clonbrock to whom they were related. Following the marriage of Cornelius O'Kelly to Elizabeth Joyce of Mervue in 1831 an estate of about 1,500 acres was settled on the couple and they built a new house called Gallagh, near Tuam in the townland of Newtown (Darcy). Cornelius O'Kelly held 2 townlands in the parish of Dunmore and 6 townlands in the parish of Tuam, barony of Dunmore in the mid 1850s. In the 1870s Cornelius O'Kelly owned over 1,900 acres in county Galway and 1,400 acres in county Mayo. The O'Kelly's of Gurtray, near Portumna, were a branch of this family.
- Ambrose O'Kelly was the one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmalinoge, barony of Longford, county Galway at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The estate of William O'Kelly of Gortray amounted to over 900 acres in the 1870s. In 1906 John A. O'Kelly owned over 500 acres of untenanted land in Kilmalinoge including the mansion house at Gortray. The property later passed by the inheritence to the Deasy family. In 2007 it was offered for sale.