- The Featherstonhaugh family held estates in the midlands of Ireland, especially county Westmeath, since the seventeenth century. Theobald Fetherstonhaugh of Mosstown, county Westmeath married Mary, daughter of Jonathan Harding of Hardinggrove, county Galway, c.1797. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Derryhivney was in the possession of Cuthbert Fetherston. He was also listed as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmalinoge, barony of Longford. His lands at Fairy Hill, comprising Gortacloghy, Corr, Fairfield and Gortahaha, in the barony of Longford, county Galway,amounting to over 2000 acres, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in June 1855. In the 1870s William Fetherstonhaugh of Derryhivney owned over 1,800 acres in county Galway. John Featherstone is recorded as the owner of over 3000 acres by the ''Return of Proprietors'' in the same decade.
- The report of the Harding estate in the Court of Chancery 1861 gives details of this estate. Theobald Wolfe leased the lands of Derryhivney otherwise Castlefarm, near Portumna, county Galway, to William Harding on 20 July 1765. William's grandson also named William married Elizabeth Holmes and left the property to his second son Jonathan Harding who died in 1815 and was succeeded by his son Jonathan. In 1814 Jonathon Harding was resident at Harding-Grove, Portumna. From later map evidence Harding Grove seems to be an alternative name for Derryhivney House. The estate of George Harding, a minor, in the barony of Longford, county Galway, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in May 1861. It included the lands at Derryhiney known as the Castle Farm. It was purchased, in trust, by a Mr. Thorpe. Jonathan Harding whose address is given as Bessborough, Nenagh, is recorded as owning over 600 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as 163 acres in county Tipperary. The Galway and Tipperary properties appear to have been acquired by the Young family in the late 19th century. Frederick Young of Ballygibbon and Besborough, county Tipperary, died in 1906. His son lived at Harding Grove, Portumna. In May 1852 the estate of George Harding of Belderrig, county Mayo, at Ballyduff, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary and houses in the town of Nenagh was advertised for sale. Ballyduff was advertised for sale again on 6 March 1874.