O'Kelly (Gallagh & Ticooly)
- The O'Kellys of Ticooly in the parish of Killosolan, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, and later of Gallagh, parish and barony of Dunmore, Counts of the Holy Roman Empire, formerly Chiefs of Hy-Many, settled at Ticooly following the Jacobite War in the late 1680s when they lost Gallagh Castle. They leased the Ticooly estate from the Dillons of Clonbrock to whom they were related. Following the marriage of Cornelius O'Kelly to Elizabeth Joyce of Mervue in 1831 an estate of about 1,500 acres was settled on the couple and they built a new house called Gallagh, near Tuam in the townland of Newtown (Darcy). Cornelius O'Kelly held 2 townlands in the parish of Dunmore and 6 townlands in the parish of Tuam, barony of Dunmore in the mid 1850s. In the 1870s Cornelius O'Kelly owned over 1,900 acres in county Galway and 1,400 acres in county Mayo. The O'Kelly's of Gurtray, near Portumna, were a branch of this family.
- The Dillons were a Norman family who initially received grants of land in Westmeath and who later acquired properties in neighbouring counties including Roscommon and Galway. Lord Clonbrock was listed as a resident proprietor in county Galway in 1824. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Lord Clonbrock was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Ahascragh, Fohanagh, Killalaghtan and Killosolan in the barony of Kilconnell and Killoran in the barony of Longford. In the 1870s the Clonbrock estate in county Galway amounted to over 28,000 acres.
Lands, house and demesne at Cahir, barony of Clonmacnowen, owned by James Dillon, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in July 1854. In 1906 Lord Clonbrock held over 2000 acres of untenanted land and the mansion house at Clonbrock. The Dillon's county Limerick estate appears to have come into their possession through the marriage in 1776 of the first Baron with Letitia Greene of Old Abbey, county Limerick, the only child of John Greene. James Kelly was the agent for the county Limerick estate in the early 19th century. The county Limerick estate was situated in the baronies of Connello Lower and Shanid. The Clonbrock Papers contain a printed notice of the sale of lands held in fee by Lord Clonbrock amounting to about 2395 acres and the lands of Loughill and Coonagh held under the See of Limerick circa 600 acres, dated 19 Dec 1829 MS 35705 (5). Correspondence expressing interest in the purchase of the Dillon's county Limerick estate was received from David Roche of Carass, Robert Maunsell and Stephen Dickson who bought the property in 1831, see MS 35,727 (10).
- Ambrose O'Kelly was the one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmalinoge, barony of Longford, county Galway at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The estate of William O'Kelly of Gortray amounted to over 900 acres in the 1870s. In 1906 John A. O'Kelly owned over 500 acres of untenanted land in Kilmalinoge including the mansion house at Gortray. The property later passed by the inheritence to the Deasy family. In 2007 it was offered for sale.