Lynch (Carrowbeg North)
- The Lynchs owned an estate of 337 acres at Carrowbeg North, parish of Belclare, barony of Clare, county Galway, in the mid 19th century and Charles Lynch is recorded as still resident there in a parliamentary return dated 1906. He had actually died in late December 1905 as reported in the ''Galway Express'' of 30 December 1905. Captain Charles Lynch of the East York Militia married twice. His first wife was Belinda O'Conor Donelan who died in 1862 and his second wife was a French of Pollnahallia, parish of Donaghpatrick, county Galway. He was succeeded by his son Major Dominick Lynch who sold the estate to the Hoade family in the late 1940s. Melvin writes that members of the family of Lynch of Shannonbridge were army officers and that they married into the Bodkins of Carrowbeg so it is presumed that this property came into Lynch possession through the Bodkin marriage. McNulty also traces a Lynch Bodkin link. Marie, daughter of Captain Stephen Lynch of Berwick's regiment in France married Oliver Bodkin of Carrowbane, Tuam, county Galway, one of the Bodkin murder victims. Another victim was Marcus Lynch, a merchant from Galway, who may have been a relative of Maries. She died in 1730.
- The Smyths appear to have held Newgarden or Pollaturk for most of the first half of the 19th century from the Bodkin family. The original leases dated 1790 and 1796 were from Hyacinth Bodkin to Daniel Hunt. The Smyths advertised the sale of their 423 acres of Newgarden in May 1871. The sales rental refers to the marriage settlement of Daniel Hunt Smyth and Maria Joanna Coneys.
Bodkin (Carrowbeg & Thomastown)
- This branch of the Bodkin family owned an estate of 2,900 acres granted to them by patent dated 29 May 1679, mainly in the baronies of Clare and Tiaquin, county Galway. Their history was marred by the murder of family members following a family feud in the early 1740s. Hyacinth Bodkin of Thomastown was the son of the survivor of this massacre. Parts of the original estate were acquired by the Bodkins of Castletown and in the 19th century the remainder of the Carrowbeg estate passed to the Lynches of Shannonbridge.
Bodkin (Castletown & Mountsilk)
- From the 17th century the Bodkins were established in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway. John Bodkin leased the Castletown estate in the parish of Kilkerrin, barony of Tiaquin, from the Echlin family in 1776 and the Bingarra estate from the Bodkins of Thomastown in 1789. He also purchased land from Denis Bowes Daly in the barony of Kilconnell in 1794. He became a very extensive stock breeder and land holder. He left his property to his two sons Dominick and John Bodkin. They both were indebted to their brother-in-law, Anthony Clarke and the Bodkin estates were entangled in protracted litigation for a long period of time, resulting in their sale in the Encumbered and Landed Estates' Courts. Bingarra, barony of Tiaquin (bought by Henry Hall) and Ballybogan, barony of Kilconnell (bought by Lord Dunsandle), were advertised for sale in November 1855 and Laughill, barony of Tiaquin in November 1858. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Bodkin owned three townlands in the parish of Dunmore, barony of Ballymoe, which were advertised for sale by Thomas James Bodkin in 1864, with Ballydoogan and the islands in the barony of Kilconnell. John Samuel Barrett of Greenhills, was the purchaser of some of these lots. The representatives of Thomas J. Bodkin are recorded as holding over 350 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. In 1808 John Bodkin of Bingarra married Margaret Bodkin of Annagh and their grandson Martin Bodkin inherited the Annagh estate, barony of Clare, following the death of his cousin Robert Bodkin of Annagh in 1881.
- An estate, centred on the house originally known as Thomastown and later as Summerville, was in the possession of Daniel Moore Kilkelly in the 19th century. When advertised for sale by D.M. Kilkelly’s widow in the mid 1850s the estate consisted of 1,418 acres in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway. A small portion of the estate including Summerville was advertised for sale again in 1864 by Maria E. Kilkelly and Anthony O’Kelly.