Conolly (Shannon Hill & Cargin)
- Shannon Hill or Derryvunlam House together with over 700 acres was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1850. By the time of Griffith's Valuation this estate was owned by Edward R. Matthews. The Matthews estate held over 1000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s.
In 1855 John Connolly was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Killimorbologue, barony of Longford, county Galway. The estate of John Connolly
, "of Cargin" was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in June 1856. This included lands in the parish of Killimorbologue, barony of Longford. In 1856 John Connolly was leasing a house valued at £8 and over 250 acres from R.W. Greene, in the townland of Barnavihall, parish and barony of Kilconnell.
In February 1870 the Landed Estates court sale notice for the Joyce estate at Rahasane, barony of Dunkellin includes dwelling house at Cargin, formerly occupied by John Connolly Esq.