- James Ruttledge of Tawnaghmore, parish of Kilbelfad, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, had a son, David, who succeeded to some of the Ruttledge estates under the will (1766) of his uncle, Peter Ruttledge of Cornfield. David died in 1825 and his son George took possession of the estates, which were mainly in the parish of Robeen, barony of Kilmaine. George was married to Eleanor Anne Bournes of Castleconnor, county Sligo. He sold his estates in the counties of Mayo and Galway amounting to 4529 and 1248 acres respectively in 1851. Robert Fair and John Hood were among the purchasers in the parish of Robeen, county Mayo and St George Johnston, the Blakes of Menlo and the Brownes of Carrownacregg of parts of the county Galway estate. At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Ruttledge held the townland of Ballywalter in the parish of Robeen.
Browne (Ardskea & Cooloo)
- In a Browne genealogy in the James Hardiman Library, NUI,Galway, the ancestry of this branch of the Browne family is traced back to Dominick Browne of Barna, Mayor of Galway in 1575. In 1677 Edward and James Browne were granted Ardskea and other lands in the parish of Kilmoylan, in the barony of Clare, county Galway, under the Acts of Settlement. Family members intermarried with the Brownes of Tuam, the Kirwans, O'Connors, O'Kellys and the Nolans. The Brownes were still resident on their Ardskea estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1890 James Browne sold over 800 acres of his Ardskea estate in the Land Judges' Court. The petitioner was Emmanuel Churcher.
This Browne family also owned estates in the barony of Tiaquin, at Cooloo in the parish of Moylough, at Carrownacregg West in the parish of Killoscobe and in the parish and barony of Ross. By the 1870s Cooloo was in the possession of Michael O'Kelly.
- The Concannons were formerly Gaelic chiefs in the Kilkerrin area of north east Galway. The lands of Carrownacregg were granted to Sisby O'Concannon by patent dated 21 Mar 1678. Waterloo replaced Carrownacregg as the main family residence in the early 19th century. In 1824 Edmund Concannon, of Waterloo Lodge, is recorded as a resident proprietor in county Galway. He married Jane, daughter of John Blake of Belmont and his wife Sarah Cuff, sister of Baron Tyrawley. Blake Foster records that they had six sons, the eldest,Henry, was a barrister and married Countess Maria Aurora Arabella de Luicia. The third son, Edmond, married Kate Parsons and they had a son, Edmond John. James Blake Concannon of Esker was the fourth son. Over 3000 acres owned by Edmond John Concannon and Edward Thomas Beytagh, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851. Much of the land was in the baronies of Clare and Dunkellin, county Galway and some of it was on perpetual lease from the Clanricarde estate. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Concannons held land in the parish of Killoscobe, barony of Tiaquin, some of which was leased from Walter Joyce of Corgary and also in the parish of Grange, barony of Loughrea. Henry Concannon sold Carrownacregg West, including a mansion 'out of repair', to James Browne in 1851. Three persons named Concannon with addresses at Tuam, Dunmore and Castleblakeney, owned small acreages in county Galway in the 1870s. Loughnane, writing in 1975, gives an account of working for the Concannon family at Rockfield between 1910-1931.
Browne (Carrownacregg West)
- James Browne, a brother of Edward Browne of Ardskea, barony of Clare, county Galway, owned 2 townlands in the parish of Killoscobe, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1851 he bought the townland of Killoscobe from George Ruttledge and Carrownacregg West from Henry Concannon. James Browne owned 574 acres in the 1870s and his wife Julia owned 947 acres in county Galway. McHale writes that James's grandson Michael Browne died in 1909 and the land was bought by the Land Commission.