- The Butlers acquired lands at Cregg through marriage with the O'Shaughnessys. Francis Butler is recorded as the proprietor of lands in the parish of Beagh in the mid 1830s. James Butler of Glenwilliam and William Butler of Bunahow are also recorded as proprietors in the parish of Beagh in the 1830s. Capt. Butler of Ashfield, county Clare is recorded in the OS Name Books as leasing property from the Gregory estate in the 1830s. The Butlers also owned lands in the parish of Killursa, barony of Clare, county Galway, which they sold to Robert John Lattey in the early 1850s. Roger O'Dea of Slieveroe was agent to this property in the 1830s.
Part of the estate of Francis Davis Butler at Hampstead and Garrymore in the barony of Kilconnell was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court on three occasions in 1873 and 1874.