Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This was originally a Staunton property which passed by marriage to the Lamberts. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Staunton. The OS Name Books record it as the property of James Blake in the 1830s. Sold to Lord Clanmorris briefly in the 1850s and repurchased by James Staunton Lambert, Waterdale was leased to John Wilson Lynch 1857-1870 and to James Delahunt 1870-1883. It was taken over by the Land Commission in 1903 and demolished.
M370 356 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #70.
Built in the early 1820s close to the shore of Lough Corrib, a residence of the Lynch Stauntons until the early 20th century and still occupied. IN 1894 Slater noted it as a seat of B. O'Neill Power.
M218 432 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #55.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links