Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This was originally a Staunton property which passed by marriage to the Lamberts. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Staunton. The OS Name Books record it as the property of James Blake in the 1830s. Sold to Lord Clanmorris briefly in the 1850s and repurchased by James Staunton Lambert, Waterdale was leased to John Wilson Lynch 1857-1870 and to James Delahunt 1870-1883. It was taken over by the Land Commission in 1903 and demolished.
M370 356 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #70.
Also known as Munine or Moneen, the house was described as 'in ruins' on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch map (1932), following its burning in 1923. Extensive outbuildings are still in use and part of the yard is now a residence. McHale writes that this was, in fact, the original house. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests that the family occupied this building while Vermont House was being constructed. In 1786, Wilson refers to a house called "Munnine" as a seat of Mr. French.
M636412 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #59.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links