Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Part of the Blake estate at Merlin Park. Built by James Henry Ryan in the 1860s who spent nearly £5,000 on the property and occupied in the 1880s by the Bishop of Galway. Owned by the newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst in the 1930s and bought by the Galway Mayo Institute of Technology in 2003.
|Murroogh||Oranmore||Galway||Galway Rural 41||Galway||Galway||
M332 248 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #94.
In June 1854 William Kelly was recorded as the owner of the property at Ashbrook, formerly Bouilagh, parish of Killaan, barony of Kilconnell. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house at Ashbrook, valued at £20, was the residence of Charles B. Lynch. It is no longer extant.
M690267 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #86.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links