Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Flower Hill was being leased by Magdalene Irwin from the Perceval estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £3. The Irwins had a modest house at this location and in the 1820s set about building a larger property. Due to debt and court proceedings it was never finished and remains a roofless ruin.
|Flower Hill||Cloonoghil||Tobercurry||Cloonoghil 79||Corran||Sligo||
G603124 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #38 (house not marked).
McTernan notes that Robert Howes of Bunninadden and Quarryfield married Jane Irwin of Mount Irwin in 1754. Subsequently the then house at Quarryfield alternated between Howes and Irwins. In the 1840s the property was purchased by Col.Perceval of Templehouse and later in the nineteenth century by the Coopers of Markree, by whom the present house was built in 1887. The house had a number of owners since and is still extant and occupied.
G598100 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #38.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links