Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Taylor and Skinner indicate Rathtermon as a seat of the Fleming family in 1783. In 1837 Lewis records Rathtermon as the seat of J. Flanagan. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Rev. John Flanagan was leasing a property valued at £10 together with over 200 acres at Rathtermon, barony of Coolavin, to Phillip McDermott. Rathtermon is still the focus of a large farming enterprise.
M734989 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #47.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Wolfe Flanagan was leasing a house at Drumdoe from Viscount Lorton's estate, valued at £28. This house is described as "a good house, formerly the residence of Colonel Lilly" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. A larger house was constructed some time after this and appears on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. This latter house is still extant.
G806094 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #3.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links