Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson refers to Rahasane as the seat of Mr. French. Lewis records Rahasane as the seat of R.French in 1837. Held in fee by Thomas A. Joyce at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £45. The Landed Estates court sale notice of June 1871 mentions that Rahasane House was built by Robert Joseph Ffrench at a cost of £10,000. This, the original Rahasane House , is described as " in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. A later Rahasane House is shown on the 1933 ediiton of the six-inch Ordnance Survey map, located in Pollnagerragh West townland, (M474172). While there is no trace now of the original house built by R.J. French, some estate architecture survives.
M474185 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #104.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links