Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson refes to Lavally as the seat of Mr. Lynch in 1786. In 1837 Lavally is recorded by Lewis as the seat of T. Lynch. It was still occupied by him at the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1856 when it was valued at £20. By 1906 Delia Mullin is recorded as the owner. Lavally House is still extant and undergoing renovation.
M450220 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #95.
The house in Laghtphillip townland, part of the Lynch estate, was leased to James Stanley in 1855. In 1906 the house was owned by Hugh Greaney and was valued at almost £7. The house is still standing but derelict. A new house exists on the site and "Stoneleigh House" appears at the entrance gate. Writing in 1976, Kelly noted that the house was built by the Stanley family due to its salubrious site. The property and farmed by descendants of Hugh Greaney.
M492223 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #95.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links