Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1837 Lewis recorded Cottage as the seat of J. Ryan. Catherine Ryan was leasing the house from Randall Athy at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £17. The house at Cottage was part of the Athy estate which was sold in the Encumbered Estates court in July 1857. The new owners, John Edmond Crofton Kelly and Edmond Walker Kelly offered it for sale again in June 1866. At this time the house at Cottage was leased to the representatives of Thomas Redington for 21 years from 1856. By 1906 it was owned by Charles V. Pratt together with 150 acres of untenanted land. The ruins of the house and other buildings are visible at the site.
M371211 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #95.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links