Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1837 Lewis recorded Hillswood as the seat of Hyacinth Donnellan. At the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1856 Edmund Donnellan was leasing the house at Hillswood, together with almost 300 acres, to Obadiah Holland. It is no longer extant.
M713325 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #73, 86.
Seamount House was built by the Butlers of Cregg in the 18th century. O'Connell notes that Seamount was the residence of Maj. Theobald Butler, who had fought at the Battle of Waterloo, during the 1820s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Denis Hynes was leasing from Edmund Donnellan, when it was valued at £16. Dr. Hynes had purchased the house from the Butler estate. In the early 20th century it was given to the Sisters of Mercy and is now a school.
M376102 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #112.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links