Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally a Coastguard residence, bought by Thomas Young Prior in the late 1840s. Extended by the Tullochs and used as a dower house for Shanboolard. The house was sold by the Congested Districts' Board to Dr Alfred Irwin and it was in the possession of the Irwin family for most of the 20th century. Now owned by Neville Figgis.
L667 592 Discovery map #37. OS Sheet #22.
Lewis refers to Prior Lodge as the residence and property of the Reverend Dr Prior. The house in Crossoge is named Prior Lodge on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. This house appears to have been replaced by another building, a short distance to the south, known as Crossoge House sometime in the mid 19th century. Occupied and held in fee with 92 acres by the Reverend John Prior at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £25.15 shillings. This house is still in use as a country residence. [This may be the house to which Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to as"Bachelor's Lodge", in this area, which was a seat of Mr. Roe].
|Crossoge||Ballycahill||Thurles||Ballycahill 127||Kilnamanagh Upper||Tipperary||
S060 579 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #40.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links