Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Castle Lodge/Fiddane House
At the time of Griffith's Valuation the property at Fiddaun was occupied by Edward Blacquiere and was valued at £10. Castle Lodge is recorded as the home of Charles Lopdell in 1814. In 1837 Lewis also recorded it as a seat of the Lopdell family. It is labelled Castle Lodge on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but as Fiddane House on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s. It is still extant and occupied.
R404950 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #128.
In 1786 Wilson refers to Rhyndifen as the seat of Prendergast Smyth. Lewis records Rhyndifin as the seat of the Blaquiere family in 1837. It was occupied by Mary Moloney at the time of Griffith's Valuaiton, leasing from the Knox estate and was valued at £4. The entrance gateway is extant and a house still occupies the original site.
M457008 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #129.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links