Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built post 1838, occupied by E. Whitwell at the time of Griffith's Valuation and later by the Acheson family who were strong promoters of the Galway to Clifden railway. Bought by the Armstrongs in 1890s and in the possession of their descendants for most of the 20th century. Sold to Ashley Mathews following the death of Graham Tulloch in 1990.
L636 588 Discovery map #37. OS Sheet #22.
Originally a Coastguard residence, bought by Thomas Young Prior in the late 1840s. Extended by the Tullochs and used as a dower house for Shanboolard. The house was sold by the Congested Districts' Board to Dr Alfred Irwin and it was in the possession of the Irwin family for most of the 20th century. Now owned by Neville Figgis.
L667 592 Discovery map #37. OS Sheet #22.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links