Rev. H.W. Sullivan with an address at Messrs Stewart and Kincaid is recorded as the owner of over 3000 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. The Reverend Henry William Sulivan was the son of the Right Hon. Laurence Sulivan of Hertfordshire and his wife Elizabeth daughter of the 2nd Viscount Palmerston and appears to have inherited part of the Palmertston estate. His sister Elizabeth married Henry Hippisley of Lamborne Place and Sparsholt House, Berkshire. Documents relating to the Irish estates of the Hippisley family in counties Sligo, Wexford and Dublin are held in the Berkshire Record Office.
Berkshire Record Office:
Hippisley of Sparsholt Collection, 1610-1965 includes records relating to estates in Cos Sligo, Dublin and Wexford, 1887-1961. D/EX 1332