Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Kevinsfort House was built c.1820. It was the home of various other families at different times in the 19th century, including Capt. George Dodwell. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it seems to have been leased by Alexander Popham to John Stoll and valued at £52. McTernan notes that Popham was Dodwell's son-in-law. The property was sold by the Pophams in 1923. Kevinsfort is still extant and occupied.
|Ballydoogan||St. John's||Sligo||Kilmacowen 59||Carbury||Sligo||
G674359 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #14.
Alex Popham was leasing a house valued at £17 to Andrew Irwin at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Writing in 1786 Wilson refers to Ballymore as the seat of Pooley Shuldham, who may have been connected with the Longford family of that name. In 1814 Ballymore was the seat of Edward Elwood. In 1837 Lewis recorded it as the seat of Rev. J. Elwood. It is described as " a mansion in the possession of the late Rev. Elwood's family" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. A house is still extant at Ballymore.
|Ballymore East or Corbally||Boyle||Boyle||Rushfield 37||Boyle||Roscommon||
M787990 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #9, 10.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links