Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lareen House was built in the 1820s by Luke White who died in 1854 and is buried in the old cemetery in Kinlough, the only member of the White family to be buried in the locality. Lareen then passed to the Massy family of county Limerick (Baron Massy of Duntrileague). In 1906 it, together with about 1200 acres of untenanted land in the area, was the property of Lord Massy. The house was valued at £23 at the time. Lareen was sold in the early 20th century to Maxwell Blacker Douglass who also bought fishing rights on both banks of the Drowes river and Bundrowes House. Lareen House burnt down in 1933. The Irish Tourist Association survey of 1943 mentions that it was in a ruined condition due to this fire.
G843560 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #2.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links