Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Fortland Cottage was built on part of the Cullen estate in the 18th and was the home of Jane Cullen and her husband G. Gledstanes in the mid-nineteenth century.
G925394 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #.
This house was the home of the Glenstanes. In 1814 Anne Glenstanes daughter of John Jacob Glenstanes married Wray Palliser and the house passed into Palliser ownership. Annesgift was occupied by George Ponsonby in 1814, by Major Gough in 1837 and by Colonel W. Palliser and George Ponsonby at the time of Griffith's Valuation. They held the property in fee and the buildings were valued at £32+. This house was occupied by the Hughes family in the first half of the 20th century and is now converted into apartments.
S179 376 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #62.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links