Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Port is given as the address of Guy Cooper in 1814 while in 1856 the house at Port was occupied by George Latimer.
G955033 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #27.
In 1783 Taylor and Skinner recorded Cartown, close to the town of Carrick-on-Shannon, as a seat of the Cunningham family and Wilson, writing in 1786, also refers to it as the seat of Mr. Cunningham. At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Church was in possession of a property in this townland, valued at £12, described as "unfinished". The house shown on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s is substantially larger than the 18th century house. The house now at this site has had commercial premises attached to it but is still extant.
G951018 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #27.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links