Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Derrycarne was the property of William Ormsby Gore and was valued at £30. Lewis records it as the seat of the Nisbett family in 1837. In 1906 it was in the possession of Lord Harlech (Ormsby Gore) and was valued at £33. The Ormsby Gore estate was eventually sold in 1924 and Derrycarne and about 80 acres were acquired by a Colonel Kirkwood, a relative of the Kirkwood family of Woodbrook, county Roscommon. It changed hands again several times before being acquired by the Land Commission in 1952. The house was demolished shortly afterwards.
|Derrycarne Demesne||Annaduff||Mohill||Drumod 71||Mohill||Leitrim||
N022911 Discovery map #. OS Sheet #35.
Aughry House built after the publication of the First Edition Ordnance Survey map. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was owned and occupied by Charles T. Ward and was valued at £13. Aughry Castle (in ruins) is visible nearby on the 1st edition map. This may be the property referred to in 1786 by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Nesbit. Elaborate modern entrance gates identify Aughry House which appears to be close to the site of the original.
N047898 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #35.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links