Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Occupied by Major Blake in the early 19th century. Fisherhill and the lands of Carheens, were leased by Richard D'Arcy of New Forest, county Galway to Edward Cheevers of Killyan, county Galway on 23 Mar 1858. In 1879 Robert Ireland advertised for sale his interest in Cheevers lease. A. C. Larminie lived here in the late 19th century. Now the home of the McGreal family.
M179 896 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #79.
A house occupied by a junior branch of the Burrishoole family descended from Patrick O'Malley. They held the house during the second half of the 18th century and much of the 19th century from the Earls of Lucan. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by John C. Larminie. In 1858 Larminie sold his interest in the O'Malley's lease of Spencer Park, which had been renewed on 7 Oct 1842 for three lives or 31 years. The Freeman's Journal reported that it was purchased in trust by Mr. Jordan. The site is now occupied by modern housing.
|Curragh||Aglish||Castlbar||Castlebar Urban 65||Carra||Mayo||
M148 899 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #78.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links