Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A house built after the publication of the First Ordnance Survey map. John James Whyte held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when itwas valued at £12. Slater notes that it was the residence of Captain Edward T. Pottinger in 1894. In 1906 Charles B. Whyte was the owner of the house at Carrickfad valued at £22. It is no longer extant.
G785363 Discovery map #. OS Sheet #10.
This house was built c. 1830. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Charles St. George was leasing it to Diana Faris. It was later inherited by the Whyte family of Newtown Manor and is recorded by Slater as the seat of Charles C. Beresford Whyte in 1894. It is still extant and had been in use by the Bank of America. In April 2007 it was offered for sale.
G940019 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #27.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links