Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Home of the Fair family for a time in the 19th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was leased by James Simpson from the Earl of Lucan's estate and valued at £5. It is described as a "Herd's House". It was unoccupied in the early years of this century and for sale in 2007. Demolished in September 2007.
M221 663 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #118.
Muriel L. Athy writes that the castle was occupied by Martin Blake in 1835, although it is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as the property of Mr. French. The property later passed into the hands of Mr Fair "who built against it a Tudor house", his descendant Dr Fair of Ballinasloe sold it to the Estates Commissioners". Owned by James Malley in the early 20th century. Described by Bence Jones as a tower house with an attached wing. Still occupied, it now operates as a bar and restaurant.
M343308 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #82.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links