Burton Phibbs was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Drumlease, barony of Dromahaire, in the 1850s. In 1871 the assignees of Burton Phibbs together with others, offered for sale lands at Kilmore and Banagher in the barony of Drumahaire in the Landed Estates Court. The lands were held on perpetual lease from the While estate. Miss Anne Phibbs, late of 92 Bedford St. Liverpool and the representatives of Mrs. Margaret Phibbs, of 38 Gloucester St. Dublin are described as holding 618 and 1129 acres respectively in Leitrim in the late 1870s.
National Archives of Ireland:
Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Phibbs, 20 January 1871, Vol 100, MRGS 39/047, (microfilm copy in NUIG)