Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Henry Crichton was the owner of a property valued at almost £7 at Ballinvoher, barony of Corran, in 1906. This may be the cottage which is still extant and was possibly a steward's house. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was being leased by Samuel Gilmore from the Creighton estate and was valued at £5. Lewis records Mount Dodwell as the residence of Charles Thompson, who was related to the Dodwell family. This was the original house, which had stood here since the eighteenth century. It ceased to be a residence in the mid-nineteenth century and was subsequently demolished.
G705151 Discovery map #. OS Sheet #33.
Ballyglass House was in the possession of the Rev. William Gillmor at the time of the sale of lands in November 1854. There were two substantial houses in Ballyglass townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1856. One, valued at £16, was leased from John Wynne by Rev. Gillmor, while the second was being leased from him by James Duncan. McTernan notes that it was purchased from Gillmor by Peter O'Connor and used by members of that family up until the twentieth century. Slater records it as his seat in 1894. It is still extant and occupied.
G723370 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #15.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links