Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Elizabeth Rowan was leasing a property to Patrick Holohan at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at almost £3. Lewis refers to Rathanny as the residence of Mrs. Rowan in 1837. In the 1830s the Ordnance Survey Name Books noted the house, built c.1730, as the residence of Mrs. Rowan In 1786 Wilson mentions Ratanny as the seat of Mr. Rowan. Bary states that the house was built by the Rowan family in the eighteenth century and lived in by them for much of the early nineteenth century. It was sold in the early twentieth century and is still extant and occupied.
Q913137 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #30.
Knockanacree Wood House
A house valued at £17+, occupied by Hawtrey Andrews and held from the Reverend Frederick F. Trench in the mid 19th century. Walford states that Hawtrey Andrews was the second son of Maunsell Andrews of Rathanny. This house is now demolished.
|Knockanacree||Modreeny||Borrisokane||Cloghjordan 14||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R975 892 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #11.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links