Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A late 19th century house incorporating the earlier Bourchier home. Major General John Bourchier married Mary, daughter of Thomas Macnamara of Ardcloony in the mid 18th century and inherited the property. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the house belonged to Francis C. Fitzgerald who held the property in fee. It was valued at £20. Edmond Fitzgerald of Ardcloony owned 214 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. John Connell Fitzgerald was resident in 1906. A house is still extant at the site.
|Ardcloony||Killaloe||Limerick||O'Briensbridge 111||Tulla Lower||Clare||
R677 692 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #45.
Abington House in the townland of Dromeliagh is marked on the first Ordnance Survey map. In 1786 Wilson states "at Abingdon, is a very pleasant seat of Sir Nicholas Lawless". At the time of Griffith's Valuation a house valued at £17 was occupied by Michael Apjohn in this townland. In the 1860s this house was occupied by John Connell Fitzgerald and his wife Margaret (Apjohn). ''The Limerick Chronicle'' of 1 Oct 1872 records the death of Mary Anne Apjohn of Abington House, widow of Michael Apjohn. The property was held from Lord Cloncurry. A ruined house is still extant at the site.
R715533 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links