Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Alderford was leased by the representatives of William F. McDermottroe to Catherine Thompson and was valued at £25. In 1814 it was the seat of Thomas McDermottroe. Lewis also records it as the seat of the latter in 1837. Alderford is famous for its associations with Turlough O'Carolan, the Irish harper, as he died there in 1738 and is buried nearby in Kilronan. This house, however, was built in the early 19th century. It was the seat of Thomas Charles McDermottroe in 1894. It is still extant but in a dilapidated condition.
G871134 Discovery map #26. OS Sheet #1.
Originally a Wynne property, occupied by Mulloy McDermott in 1837. In the 1830s the townland is recorded as including the ruins of Clooncaface House. The residence of Alonzo Lawder in the mid 19th century, held in fee and valued at £20. Occupied by B. F. McDonnell in 1906. A later house is extant at the site now.
M951 838 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #23.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links