Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the O'Brien Butlers in the 18th century. In 1786 Wilson refers to Bansha as the seat of Mr.O'Brien. The residence of the O'Ryan family in the first half of the 19th century, occupied by Andrew O'Ryan in 1814 and Edmund O'Ryan in 1837. John Chaytor was resident fromn 1840 and into the early 1850s holding the buildings valued at £25 from Edmund O'Ryan. This property was advertised for sale in the early 1860s. The rental of 1866 describes this residence as containing " Four spacious reception rooms, six well ventilated bed rooms, bath room and servant's dormitory". In the 1870s Major John Lutman of Bansha Castle, who was married to an O'Ryan, owned 485 acres in county Tipperary and 94 acres in county Limerick. Bansha Castle was the home of Sir William Francis Butler in the early 20th century. The Russell family now offer luxury accommodation at Bansha Castle. see http://www.banshacastle.com/index.html
|Bansha West||Templeneiry||Tipperary||Bansha 146||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
R952 331 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links