Michael Sullivan of Inch House/Lacken Hall, county Kilkenny, was the second son of William Sullivan of Kilkenny and younger brother of Richard Sullivan Member of Parliament for Kilkenny 1832-1836. Michael was Member of Parliament for county Tipperary 1847-1865. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held land in the parish of Ballingarry, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary. In the 1870s Michael Sullivan of Lackan House owned almost 4,000 acres in county Kilkenny and 585 acres in county Tipperary. He died in 1879. The estate of James Sullivan and Richard Joseph Sullivan, a minor, was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1890. It included lands adjacent to Ballingarry.
National Library of Ireland:
Rental, particulars and maps of the estate of James Sullivan and Richard Joseph Sullivan, partly in the City of Kilkenny and partly in the counties of Kilkenny and Tipperary. Quarto volume, 1890.
Manuscript maps: 14 A. 6